Friday, August 8, 2014

Great Lakes Running Series, Year 2

Apparently I forgot that I wasn't going to do the GLRS Running Series in Milwaukee again this year because I received an e-mail about sign up yesterday and what do you think I'm going to do...?

(photo received from my Ragnar teammate, Jessie)
Of course I'm signing up.  It was a lot of fun, the camaraderie between runners was amazing and it kept me running outside throughout the winter instead of hiding inside on the treadmill like I normally do.  Am I looking forward to the days where the temps are in the single digits and my face feels frozen?  Not particularly but it made me run faster; I had a lot of PRs in this series last year.  I also really looked forward to running with people I had seen in previous races and catching up.

You can either sign up for all six races at once, or you can sign up for single races.  GLRS offers 5k and 10k options.  I did the 10k series last year and be aware that the 10k option is two loops of the 5k course so if you dislike repetitive courses, I recommend the 5k option.  The prices for the race series are really reasonable but sign up early if you can because as with all races, there are price increases as you get closer to the race date.

This series' races take place on the following dates:

- Pumpkin Run, October 26, 2014
- Big Chill, November 30, 2014
- Run Into the New Year, December 31, 2014
- Cupid Shuffle, February 15, 2015
- Snowball Shootout, March 1, 2015
- Luck of the Irish, March 29, 2015

I did several reviews on these races last year here (race 1), here (race 2), here (race 3), and here (race 6 – final).  If you live in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area, you should consider signing up.  Check back next week, I might have a discount code for you!!!

Keep running, and run happy :)

(GLRS Series, Race #3, 1st time breaking an hour in a 10k)


No comments :

Post a Comment