Monday, July 28, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge, Day 1 - and my biggest fear

***In the interest of full disclosure, please be advised that I am not being paid for any posts pertaining to Advocare for the duration of the 24 day challenge.  All opinions stated are my own, and are as honest and factual as possible***

Photo courtesy, Elizabeth's photo share:)
As many of you know, I started the Advocare 24 day challenge today. 

The first 10 days of the challenge is called the Cleanse Phase.  Now, most of you are saying, “cleanse, no way!”  It’s not THAT kind of cleanse.  I’ve done the “can’t leave the house” cleanses before – they’re awful.  I started my morning with a pink lemonade Spark which actually has just as much energy as a red bull (i.e. more than an average cup of joe) and no sugar additives.  Following the guidelines, about a half hour after I finished my Spark, I chugged the fiber drink.  If you read the reviews on the internet, you’ll believe that the fiber drink is terrible and the worst thing you’ll ever taste.  I REALLY didn’t mind it - I chose the Citrus flavor and just chugged it through a straw.  Drink it fast though because I’ve been told it will solidify if you don’t.  After the fiber drink I had my normal breakfast of MyOatmeal and a few chunks of the watermelon I picked up and cut up yesterday.  


I ate the same thing I usually eat for lunch – a half an avocado, an egg white, some chicken, a mini cucumber and a nectarine.  I also had a sugar free jello for dessert.  I started to feel a little sleepy around 1:00 so I had a half of a Spark packet.  For dinner, we made some pork chops and fresh green beans that were on sale at Metro Market.  I also took my two required Omegaplex that go with the challenge.

So far, day 1 of the Advocare 24 DC is a success.  I'm a little more hungry than normal but nothing too crazy; I'm trying not to snack, even though you can, in moderation, on the cleanse.  I haven’t had any “issues” even remotely close to those of previous cleanses, which was my biggest fear.  I haven’t had the afternoon crash, which is very strange, especially for a Monday, and I have not had any headaches from caffeine withdrawals, and I feel like I have plenty of energy. 

I did download the Advocare 24 day challenge app and that has kept me on track with some things I’ve had questions on, not to mention my numerous texts to Elizabeth and her husband who know way more about Advocare products than I do.  Thank you, Steve and Elizabeth!!!

If you're interested in trying this out, please let me know!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment