Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm Finally Eating Breakfast Every Day!

Today’s workout:
-          4 mile run
-          3 X 10 arm curls/raises
-          3 X 1 min. planks

***I was not paid to write this post and all opinions stated are my own.

Awhile back, I was given a voucher for a free bag of custom oatmeal from MyOatmeal.com, with the understanding that I would do a review on it.  With all the wedding stress and then my two week honeymoon my use of the voucher was delayed for a month.  I finally ordered my custom oatmeal and was fortunate enough to be able to order two bags 1lb bags with the voucher I had.  A 1lb bag has approximately 11 servings in it.  Now, I am not a breakfast person, usually because I don’t have time or because I’m just not hungry when I wake up in the morning.  That being said, I knew I wanted my first bag to be something I could make really quickly.  


For my combination, I chose quick rolled oats, ground flax seeds, and apples.  I chose to not add any sugars to my mix because I have a maple sugar mix from our local spice shop that I add a pinch of for extra flavor.  


What is really nice about MyOatmeal is that you can add whatever flavors/ingredients you want – and they have a TON.  The front of each bag even boasts that they can make 22 billion combinations with all their current ingredients.  Crazy!


It takes me less than two minutes to make one serving in the microwave.  The flavor is incredible, the apple to oatmeal ratio is perfect and it smells delicious!  I have had several coworkers ask me what kind of oatmeal it is because it smells so good.  I have been eating breakfast every day for the past few weeks now because I really look forward to having MyOatmeal.  MyOatmeal will continue to be my pre-race/pre-run/morning breakfast choice this race season!!

No comments :

Post a Comment