Friday, August 1, 2014

Bloggers' lives are perfect ?!?!


I recently received an e-mail from a reader telling me she was very impressed that I am happy and positive all the time and that all bloggers seem like that.  She wanted to know our "secret."  I responded to her e-mail honestly, and it made me stop and think about why I read blogs, why I was asked that question.  I can’t speak for other bloggers but I can sure speak for me.
My life is far from perfect, and I can guarantee you that I am not, in fact, always happy and positive.  Ask Ben...
That being said, on my blog I choose to write about the things that make me happy and spend less energy focusing on negativity.  It does help that I write most of my blog posts after my evening runs.  Running is my outlet, my way to leave all of the negative things that happened that day on the pavement for the rain to wash away.  My blog is my diary of sorts, that I chose to make public.  When I read back on old posts, I don’t want to revisit the stuff that brought me down.  I want to focus on the things that brought me up and the things I did to get through it.
Ben is not perfect either.  However, Ben is perfect for me.  We do fight, usually over silly things – who needs to empty/load the dishwasher, or my messy closet, or his shoes everywhere.  Our life is far from perfect but it is perfect for us.  At the end of the day, I know he and I will spend the rest of our lives together, and I know that he is incredibly supportive and truly wants me to be happy.  I would have never even considered marrying someone that I didn’t 100% believe these things about.
I choose to surround myself with people that build me up and allow me to do the same for them.  I choose to live my life doing things that make me happy, like running races.  I do things that probably aren’t so good for me but are still fun, like drinking too much wine.  I watch the Bachelor and probably eat too much froyo.  I don’t stick to any “diet” but I am happy in my own skin. 
I don’t read other people’s blogs to read about the terrible things that happen that day.  I read other blogs for motivation, for inspiration, and oftentimes, for a good recipe.  I read other blogs for running and race tips, and fuel tips, and clothing tips.  I do not read blogs that bring me down.  When I write my posts, I think about why I read other blogs so I choose to stay positive and uplifting.  So, is my life all flowers and rainbows?  No, not by a longshot; I just choose to see the forest for the trees.  

No comments :

Post a Comment