Thursday, December 3, 2015

Let's challenge ourselves!

***My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, families and residents of San Bernandino***

I heard a statistic a few weeks ago... the average person gains 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years'.  That is terrifying.  It takes a decent amount of time to lose 7 pounds...and I'm not talking through water weight or cleanses.  I'm saying to lose that weight by exercise.  

The biggest reason I hear from people as to why they don't workout is that they don't have time during the holidays.  That being said, I decided to combine two of the least time consuming challenges I've done in the past.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier in the morning, or do them right before you go to bed.  If you really want to push yourself, and have a decent base, trying doing each daily rep twice.  That's what I'm hoping to shoot for.

However, the focus here is not to rush through the reps, but to do them correctly.  For example, when doing a proper push up, your body should be flat, your back shouldn't be arched and your behind shouldn't be sticking in the air or sagging toward the ground.  This guy has a great explanation of the proper technique.
Now, I've done the abs challenge before but I've never tried the push up challenge.  My Monday night circuit class inspired me to do this one, because I was pretty weak on our "fire drill" push up challenges.  They were way more of a struggle than they should be for me.  I'm hoping these challenges will give me a good base and I can just maintain after they are over.


Enjoy the challenges and let's fight those holiday pounds!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment