Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Holiday gift ideas for the runner on your list!

As I know many of you will be out shopping this weekend, and I have a race Thanksgiving morning, I decided to compile a list of some awesome items for the runner on your list and put it up on the blog early!  Most of these I own, so I can attest to their awesomeness and effectiveness!  Also, many can be found on Amazon and ship Prime so if you're a last minute shopper like me, it's perfect!  Click on the links and it'll take you right there!

- A flip belt – these are incredible.  I used mine for my last half and I barely felt it on me at all.  It carried everything I needed – phone, Kleenex, keys, money, ID.  They don’t slide up or down, and fit perfectly under your tank on your hips.  

- This ball for arches – amazing.  I got a similar one by default…  during Ragnar my teammates crashed at my house and my teammate Kristy had this out … my giant dog thought it was a toy and we didn’t notice.  She couldn’t find it for the rest of the weekend, and I found it when I came home.  When I texted her about it, she told me just to keep since she lives in Illinois and it would’ve cost what she paid to ship it.  Thanks, Kristy (and my dog is sorry)!!!

- A super cute ornament – there are a ton out there – from 5k to 26.2. 

- This foot bath.  My husband’s mom got me one for Christmas a few years back and I use it after long runs, and all races.  It’s wonderful.  Throw a bag of Epsom salts in (these from Target are cheap and work well) and you’ve got a wonderful gift. 

- A charm bracelet or necklace that has the race distances on them.  Here are some examples from Etsy - running jewelry.

- A Road ID – they’re cute, come in a variety of colors and it will keep your loved one safe.  I purchase my original ID and five bracelet colors for under $20, and I wear them all the time.

- Either of the Runner’s World cookbooks here ---> this or this  – the recipes are quick, easy and give runners the nutrients necessary to fuel their runs. 

- A subscription to Runner’s World or Running Times – each costs about $12 - $14 a year.

- A fun / funny daily running calendar.

- A training log to keep track of all their runs for 2016.  This one is very popular.

- A Nature Box shipment.  These snacks are wonderful – they’re easy to grab on your way out the door and have a wide variety of flavors and nutrition.  You can send a one-time gift, or a 3, 6 or 12 month gift.    

- This running calendar – I can’t take credit for this one – my bff’s sister sent this idea to me.  Thanks Amanda!

- A foam roller.  This three in one is awesome, and my personal favorite but I guess it's not available anymore.  You can find a similar one here.  Otherwise, purchasing each piece separately is a great idea and Target has each for a good price.

- Compression socks  / sleeves / leggings.  Runners love compression – my favorite is anything by ProCompression – their styles are so much fun!

- KT Tape – we hate buying it because it’s pricey, but necessary. 

- This wrist wrap – it’s for sweat, nose drips, etc.  Why can’t I come up with a genius idea like this?

- Running books – not only do we like the act of running, we like to read about it too.  The ones here, here, here, and here are my personal favorites.  Also, this movie and this movie.

- Any kind of clothing that has the word “wicking” in it.  We love that stuff J


- Anything from Brooks’ running – I cannot say enough about their products.  I’m a firm believer when it comes to running gear to just have a few quality pieces that you wash over and over – now you know why I’m wearing the same clothes in all of my posts.

There are a multitude of fun things out there for runners, depending on the distances they've run or goals they have.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment