Thursday, October 9, 2014

Awesome article, neglected running shoes and how many licks??

Let's start with this awesome article.  Some of the responses are so ridiculously funny...and unfortunately, so true :)  Enjoy!
Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, my overactive brain began running through the list of things I cannot wait to do after my ACL reconstruction.  Thank you to my subconscious for creating today's post. :)

So here I sit this morning, drinking chugging my daily dose of caffeine, aka 1,000 cups of coffee (okay, slight exaggeration) and dreaming of the things I'll be able to do 2, 3, 4, even 6 months from now.

1.  My most obvious one - to run.  I seriously cannot wait to lace up my Adrenalin 14s and pound the pavement.  I tore my ACL only two weeks after buying my latest pair of Brooks so there they sit, practically new and neglected on my shoe rack waiting for their next breath of fresh air.  

2.  To walk normally.  I never used to watch people walk but now that I have to limp when I walk, it saddens me that I used to take such a simple thing for granted.

3.  To be able to wear something other than skinny jeans/pants since they're the only things that my brace fits over/under.

4.  To be able to wear heels again.  Prior to this, I used to live in running shoes and heels.  This has been great for my shoe budget because I haven't been able to buy any heels as of late because they're too hard to walk in now.

5.  To go just one day without having to ice.  Honestly, the days I forget to ice and have to go to bed with an ice bag attached to my leg are just super annoying.

6.  To not have to visit my ortho or my PT every week.  Don't get me wrong - they are both wonderful guys and I know that they're just doing their jobs and they're a big part of the reason that I am going to get back to where I was but sometimes it's just exhausting (I'm sure they feel the same way about me and all my questions though :})

7.  To no longer be in pain.  Pain is really frustrating because while they give you some great painkillers, you don't want to be on these all the time.  I've just felt like I would rather save my tolerance for these until after the surgery when I really need them.

8.  To be able to walk my dog or get down on the floor and play with him. - I feel so bad for him when I get home and he just stares at his leash or his toys.  

9.  To not have to sit on the sidelines anymore.  It's tough watching other people play a sport you know you have fun with.  

Also, in completely unrelated news, I found this the other day and found it to be insanely entertaining.

No comments :

Post a Comment