Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Update!

Weekend workouts:
-          8.01 mile run
-          5k fun run/walk


Saturday’s run didn’t start nearly as early as I would have liked but I’m sure that had nothing to do with the fact that we were at my bff’s house and I didn’t get to bed until after midnight.

Once I did get up and get going I dilly-dallied a bit, slowly making breakfast, making a plan for the rest of the day, etc.  I had decided to drive to the farmer’s market in Dane County before my run so I could run the streets around there afterward for my 8 miles on the training schedule.  I wandered the farmer’s market for a bit, and put all the perishable items in the cooler in my car.  My plan was to do and out-and-back of the first four miles of the first half marathon that I had done.  I quickly realized that wasn’t going to happen because of all of the sidewalk construction.  I ended up just using my GPS and working those miles in.  I played a little game to keep myself entertained (and cool) – find the streets with the most shade and continuously turn down them.  After an hour and 29 minutes, I had completed my 8 miles.  I was sore and tired and walked, yes, walked, two large hills.  My quads were still very sore from the week’s high mileage and I didn’t want to push it too hard because I have a lot of races coming up. 

 I finished my run and lo and behold on the cool down walk on the way back to my car…I saw a Jamba Juice.  It has been quite some time since I had been to one of these, and I had to stop in.  Since I’ve been on Advocare, I haven’t had many “treat yourself” moments.  It was worth it – so delicious and cooling after a long, hot run. 

Anyone else find the wording of this sign a little...odd? :)

I spent the rest of the day on the boat, reading while Ben fished. 

And the best part of staying at my MIL’s for the weekend – opening the fridge to freshly made deviled eggs, just for me. 

And the Sunday 5k walk that I did for melanoma research with my bff and her son – his first 5k at the ripe old age of 10 weeks J - just a glimpse of the big races to come for this little guy

No comments :

Post a Comment