Friday, March 14, 2014

Running the helix

Today's workout:
- 2 mile run
- 4 X 2 helix runs
- arm lifts


So my crazy coworkers decided that it would be fun to run the helix by the parking garage at work.  We had talked about it earlier in the week and since I hate hills, I opted out.  By Thursday evening though, I had been convinced.  I would run the helix with a couple coworkers.  I was slightly intimidated since the people I was running with are sprinters, not distance runners.  I knew it was going to be all about the quads and since I didn't want to just jump right into an uphill sprint several times over, I woke up earlier than necessary and did a two mile warm up.  


This is what we ran up and down...4 times.  It was major quad work as expected, but it was weird for me to run like that because you have to take very short steps instead of striding out like I am used to.  It ended up being a lot of ...fun.  I wasn't expecting that.  We are expanding our group and we're going to do it every Friday after normal workouts.  

Oh, and a picture of my lunch 


Are my quads sore?  Yes.  Am I happy that I did it without giving up and saying "I can't"?  Yes. obviously.  We have to try new things - we have to do the things we are scared of, the things we aren't used to because otherwise we get stuck in this rut always wondering....what if?

I refuse to live my life in the 'what if.'


No comments :

Post a Comment