Saturday, February 8, 2014

Early Saturday and mini road trip

Saturday workout:
- 1 hour spin class
- 2 mile run
- 30 minute strength class
- 10 minutes abs
- 20 minutes stretching

I knew I wanted to try out this new spin class near my house but to get it in, I would have to wake up before 7 a.m. which is pretty unusual for me in the winter on a Saturday.  I went to the class and stayed for the strength class and snuck in a two mile run in between.  We were heading out of town for the weekend so I only had enough time after that for a little bit of abs and stretching - this workout out felt GREAT.  It was exactly what I needed to get my weekend started.

I came home and got ready and the fiance and I left to go out of town for the weekend.  I was really hungry so I threw together a mini lunch of bosc pear, flax seed banana bread with fresh raspberry jam and some almonds and granola.  Oh, and this water I've been drinking lately is SO good and leaves you with such a fresh mouth even after eating.


Ragnar has been posting pictures and tweets from Ragnar FLK this weekend and it's making me very excited since MY FIRST RAGNAR is in less than four months - I can't wait.
It's a tradition of ours when we go out of town that the dog gets a plain hamburger from the McDonald's drive thru which he loves - we are not bad dog-parents, this doesn't happen all that often.  He loves it though :)

After we got to Madison, we went to show my parents and the fiance's mom our wedding venue.  I love it and I cannot wait for our wedding - four more months!  I had to take this picture of the sunset when we were driving to dinner - it was too pretty to pass up.


We all went to the Great Dane for dinner and I of course went with a reuben and kettle chips...with a side of buffalo sauce.

The fiance decided to keep track of how many days in a row I have eaten buffalo sauce since I fell in love with it...we are on day 12.  It's just so good - I love it.  After dinner, I was beat so my parents went to their hotel and the fiance and I and his mom went back to her house and hung out on couches under blankets and watched the Olympics for awhile.  One of the events we watched, the moguls, the downhill skiiers have to go over all these huge bumps and it hurt my knees just watching them!


I love watching the Olympics - it makes me feel very patriotic and happy :)  Heading to the WI Badger v. Michigan State bball game in the morning!

Did you watch any Olympics this weekend?

How early do you wake up in the winter for weekend workouts?

No comments :

Post a Comment