Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fabulously healthy delicious tacos

The fiance and I had tacos twice last week. We really like tacos. Taco night is great for both of us because I love veggies and he's not so keen on most of them.

I went to my favorite market right after work and picked up taco fixings. Tacos are a great meal when you've had a long day and don't feel like (doing much) cooking. We usually do chicken or turkey. This time we had chicken and used the Penzey's taco seasoning - that seasoning is great because it is very low sodium and doesn't have the preservative flavor of normal seasoning. I picked up tomato, avocado, lime, lettuce, cheese and greek yogurt. I've talked about this before - greek yogurt is a delicous healthy alternative to sour cream.

We also have begun using mini whole grain tortillas and putting them in the oven for about 5 minutes before we eat. Once they come out, squeeze a little lime juice, from the wedges, don't buy that pre-made lime juice, as a fresh lime is cheaper and much better for you. This added flavor will be like a party in your mouth when you have your tacos :)

These tacos also make great leftovers. If you don't have a Penzey's near you, you can order it online and they have many different spices and seasonings to choose from. I guarantee it's worth it - their spices are top notch.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment