Wednesday, December 18, 2013

16 things that will make your life better after you know them...or not

1. Only two more days until I get to see my niece and give her hugs – I can’t wait.  I’m pretty sure she can’t either.

2. My parents gave me this awesome mug and it has truly saved my life the last few days.  The face in the background is my bff – you should get to know her since she just randomly shows up in places in my blog.


3.  The fiancé and I flew back from Dallas on Monday after the greatest Packer game I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been tired and cold ever since.

4.  We continue to receive lots of boxes of treats and cookies at work and I rediscovered malted milk balls – heaven.

5.  I wrapped Christmas presents last night and it took me until almost 1:00 a.m. – 12 of the gifts I wrapped are for my niece

6.  That just reminded me, I need to get a ‘C’ battery for one of her gifts

7.  I have to make fudge and toffee tonight for a cookie exchange at work – I’m very tired and not sure I will make it

8.  Tomorrow I have to make these trains because I make them every year and do not want to disappoint the masses


9.  In the morning, we are doing a chair race at work – we are very serious at my work and do things like chair races

10.  I got a new phone again because I dropped mine in Dallas and broke the screen.  I have officially had 4 phones in 2.5 months – that must be a record

11.  I am in a throwback mood today and have so far listened to Phil Collins, Van Morrison, and Air Supply.  Don’t judge me.  I have very eclectic tastes in music.  Tomorrow I will probably listen to country and some Christmas music.

12.  My next race is in 13 days and I am so excited I can barely sit still.

13.  Last night, I was really cold so I woke up the fiancé to get out of bed and turn the heat up.  I was too cold to do it myself.  I closed my eyes as soon as he got up so I didn't have to see the expression...


14.  My company gave us all Starbucks gift cards for Christmas and in my mind that is the best gift ever.

15.  I watched the Muppet Christmas Carol last night while wrapping Christmas presents and thoroughly enjoyed it. 


16.  Every day, the fiancé and I give our dog one of the treats out of the dog advent calendar.  It truly is an amazing alternative to the fake chocolate ones.  Yes, those are real treats in there.

No comments :

Post a Comment