Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New shoes and Performance Running

My new Brooks' Glycerin 11's came in the mail today – finally.  If you remember, here, I talked about how my favorite running store in Shorewood, Performance Running, didn’t have my size but the Oconomowoc location did, so they shipped them directly to me, free of charge.  Performance Running rocks!  I got my hopes up and assumed they would be there within 24 hours, which makes no sense.  I ordered them on Friday night and received them on Tuesday.  Typical shipping but I was really excited.  Wow tangent. 

I was able to take these beauties on their maiden voyage tonight.  Unfortunately it was still raining a little bit so I didn’t want to take them too far – breaking in new shoes, plus rain usually equals blisters, which equates to me hobbling around in tears for days.  So after a little mini photo session we went on a 3 mile run together.  During the run, I focused on breathing the way I’m learning in my Monday yoga sessions, and also on how my feet hit the ground in my new shoes.  Long story short, the Brooks’ Glycerin 11’s are amazing and I believe they may have been made for my feet.  Plus the color scheme is obviously one of my favorites – pink and gray?  Love it…just one more pic of my new best friends (sorry Anna and Christy). 
Happy feet and happy shoes, post run.

No comments :

Post a Comment