Saturday, October 19, 2013

3 for 50, a Gatsby Reception, a Badger win!

Today I slept in a little bit and when I woke up and got ready, the fiancé, his friend and I went sporting clay shooting. 
The fiancé and his friend had gone before but it was my first time. 
The fiance is totally awesome at this
Silly me, I thought it was going to be as easy as it used to be when I played Duck Hunt and Clay Shooting on my original Nintendo. 
Who doesn't remember this image from when you were young?
I was definitely not prepared for how wrong I was.  First of all, I had to learn to shoot right-handed since the fiance’s gun is a right-handed gun.  Secondly, the gun was way heavier than I expected. 
Arching your back is NOT how you should shoot FYI
I had so much fun.  I felt all proud of myself saying “pull” when I wanted the clay pigeons to come out.  We went 50 rounds and I hit a total of…3.  Yes, three.  I was ecstatic about those three little clay pigeons that I destroyed though – I didn’t think I would hit any.  I can’t wait to go again.  It was a beautiful day to learn how to use another gun!


Tonight we went to a wedding reception for one of my coworkers – she decided she wanted to do a Gatsby, 1920’s themed reception.  Everything turned out beautifully.  I knew we would only be able to go for an hour or so since I have a race tomorrow morning and we also wanted to catch the tail end of the Badger game, but I really wanted to make a little bit of effort with the theme. 

Badgers win – YES!  I’m going to sleep shortly because I’m super tired and I want to be fresh for tomorrow morning’s corn maze run!    Oh wait, I haven't read this month's issue of Runner's World that came in the mail this week...  #anotherlatenight
What was your favorite Nintendo game?
Have you ever been to a themed wedding reception?

No comments :

Post a Comment