Thursday, September 12, 2013

Running Recap

19.5 miles

So this weekend I managed to get in a few good runs even with this heat wave that struck the lovely Midwest early this week – I just had to utilize the gym more than I would have liked. I’m not a treadmill fan…at all. I don’t race on a treadmill so I dislike training on them.

Monday I did a quick outside 3 mile run along the lake which went pretty good, considering I was a little tired from my crazy weekend of travel.

Tuesday, I went to Planet Fitness and had a pretty good 4 mile run on the dreadmill and also did some leg lifts, arms, and abs after work.

Wednesday, I had date night with the fiancé since he’s banned from the house this weekend in honor of girls’ weekend, so I did a short two miler around the airport area at an eight minute pace before hurrying home to get ready for our date.  We ended up going to Atterbury, which has an old English pub feel and some really good beer choices on tap.  We sat at the bar and the bartender was incredibly friendly and chatty.  Check it out!

Tonight I’m hoping to get a run in, even with all my cleaning and laundry I need to do before the official start of girls’ weekend.

Tomorrow morning I have a 7 miler scheduled but my bff told me she wants to use the elliptical the fiancé and I installed in our house so I should have no problem getting moving on an early morning run.

Saturday I will have to do a recovery run/walk of 3 – 3.5 miles which will put my weekly mileage at 19. A little low but my opinion is that miles are miles and some weeks are better than others.

Two weeks and two days until my next half marathon, The Brewers' Half!

Week’s lesson learned: The twelve minute ab circuit at Planet Fitness is amazing

Week’s advice: Even if you only have time for a short run, a short run is better than no run

No comments :

Post a Comment