Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cabin weekend and a PBR (Paddle Boat Rescue)

My fabulous pina colada with the lake in the background
A few of my gal pals and I had booked a cabin weekend several months ago and went this past weekend.  I took a short day on Friday, and met them there early Friday afternoon.  The place was only about an hour away so it was a nice quick drive.  The cabin was pretty nice.  It had a full upstairs lofted bedroom area, and two full downstairs bedrooms, and also a huge living room/dining room area with a full kitchen.  The best part, and where we spent the most time, was the big deck that overlooked the lake.  Friday night I made my awesome pina coladas, and learned how to grill for the first time.  That was an experience and because it was a girls’ weekend, my friends just had to send the pics of my learning experience to the fiancĂ©. 

Saturday morning, we had a nice breakfast and coffee out on the deck and then spent some time down by the water on the dock.  We did some paddle boating around the lake which was a lot harder than it sounds, and had a little trouble on the way back.  Hence the PBR (Paddle Boat Rescue) and several other terms we were yelling to try and get back.  We were all laughing so hard which made it even more trying to get back to the dock.  After dinner that night, we all went back to the dock and watched fireworks that were going over the lake and tried to have a fire. 


That only worked out for a little bit...then it just kind of smoldered.  We ended up going back and hanging out on the deck and because we were all a little tired from too much sun and fun, we went to bed early so we could get up and head out at a decent hour the next day.  It was a pretty fun weekend and only a short trip away.  I am happy to be home and back to my air conditioning – it sure was hot this weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment