Sunday, June 30, 2013

Celebration time and asparagus

I got a new job.  Yay!  I’ve been there for a little over a month now, and I’m sorry I didn’t say anything but I wanted to make sure it was going to stick.  I love it – I hope to stay there for a really, really long time.  I’m way more relaxed and happy and I honestly no longer dread going to work.
To celebrate, the fiancé and I went to brunch at Devon Seafood Grill today, which is hands down, my favorite brunch place in the world.  They have such a wide variety of food.  My favorite is the blackened pepper encrusted ahi tuna, and of course the marinated asparagus.  I love asparagus.  I would eat for every meal if I could – unfortunately the fiancé does NOT love asparagus at all so I always have to buy it in the big chunks and then of course I don’t want to waste it so I end up eating the whole bunch.  Yummy.  I love asparagus so much that one of my co-workers gave me this canister :)  
We keep our k-cups in it now.  Oh wow, OOPS – tangent!
 Anyways, brunch was fabulous of course, and then after we went home I decided to run a couple errands quick.  Penzey’s Spices sends me these free coupons for a new jar of spice per month but they’re really awesome, so whenever I go there for my “free” jar, I end up buying lots of other jars.  Oh well, it’s worth it.  I definitely recommend Penzey’s.  My fiance’s aunt got me this salad dressing spinner for Christmas last year so it’s really nice to be able to make my own dressings with Penzey’s Spices.  Did you know that instead of using mayo in a mayo based dressing, you can substitute plain greek yogurt and it’s really a lot better?  I also substitute greek yogurt for sour cream. 

I ended my summer Sunday reading a good book outside with my awesome puppy.  Cheers to new beginnings!!!
What are your favorite dressing mixes?

No comments :

Post a Comment