Thursday, March 21, 2013

Taco salads and diet ginger ale

I didn’t bring my lunch to work today – I hate it when I forget because then I’m forced to either eat cafeteria food, which I loathe, or I have to use valuable reading time to walk to Subway – I love Subway, but I really love my short reading break at work too.

Today’s my Friday, so I’m extremely busy and couldn’t take lunch until about 12:30. Lucky for me, there was a meeting today and lunch was catered…and there were leftovers. I went down and made myself a nice taco salad (sans the taco bowl shell). I used lettuce, black beans, grilled chicken, tomatoes and a small portion of the Mexican rice. I’ve recently started using the either or method when it comes to food. For example, I could either have the taco bowl shell, or the rice. I chose the rice. I do this with a lot of things – I don’t deprive myself, but I don’t overeat anymore either. I used to tell myself that because I run so much, I can eat what I want. Just because it doesn’t show on me, I can feel the difference in my body and my energy level using my either or method. Also, they had some diet ginger ales chilling on ice – I LOVE diet ginger ale, well, I really love any ginger ale.

Anyways, so what I learned today is that if I didn’t bring my lunch, I should wait to take lunch until 12:30 or so cause maybe, just maybe there might be fabulous leftovers – like a yummy taco salad!

No comments :

Post a Comment