Sunday, January 20, 2013

White Elephant and Snowy running continues…

I continued with my “going to the gym in the morning” routine this week because the idea of running outside when the weather is in single digits makes my lungs very angry with me.  I really don’t mind running on the dreadmill at 5:30 in the morning.  Nobody’s really around so you don’t have to listen to the heavy breather next to you – nor do you have to smell the heavy breather next to you.  Plus since it’s winter in Wisco, you kind of get to watch the world wake up through the windows the dreadmill faces.  Besides, this is what it looks like when you try to run outside in the winter in Wisco... 

Last night my friends and I had our annual white elephant party.  We tried a new tapas (small plate food) place and exchanged white elephant gifts.  I got an empty wine case shaped like a hollowed out book, and a fabulous purple scarf with a large silver elephant attached.  Some of the gifts were really entertaining.  I gave away a lava lamp that the boyfriend had in college and a VHS tape of the lion king.  Someone else received the world’s largest can of beans.  It’s really more of a time for us to catch up after the crazy holidays and just have some fun.  All in all, a good week – today I went grocery shopping and I’m going to do some reading later since of course it’s snowing again.   

No comments :

Post a Comment