Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Memories and the Mouse



10 years ago today I started on one of the most amazing journeys of my life.  I had the incredible opportunity of working and living in Disney for an extended internship.  I made some of the best friends there and created a lifetime of memories.  If you are a college student and ever get the chance to do the Disney College Program, do it.  If you know a college student, recommend this to them.  My family vacationed in Disney several times while I was growing up and while the Disney dream was instilled in my heart, you do not have to love Disney to make a trip like this into a wonderful thing.  I lived in Lake Buena Vista, FL from January 23, 2003 until August 18, 2004.  It was THE best time.  I met some of the most amazing people from all over the country and all over the world. 
My roommates and co-workers who became my family while I was there, traveled to the beaches, and went on a cruise, and did things that I never imagined I would do.  This program got a girl from a small town in Wisconsin to come out of her shell and just enjoy life.  While I know today that that isn’t the “real world”, I would not trade those memories for anything.  I still look back on those times and smile. 

No comments :

Post a Comment