Sunday, January 6, 2013

Playoffs! Packers v. Vikings and mini-dance party

For the first Packer playoff game, we all decided to watch the game together and have a mini party.  I knew we were going to be eating/drinking that night so I decided to go for a frigid morning run.  I did 3 miles around 11:00 a.m. because it was nice and warm in my house and I had had a long week so I slept in some.  I finally got going and even though it was freezing outside, I really did enjoy my run.  It felt good to stretch my legs and burn off some of the calories I knew I would be consuming later.
The boyfriend and I got to our friend’s house later that day and I of course started with a brandy old fashioned.  I swear I’m a 50 year old trapped in a 28 year old body sometimes.  We had the game on and my runner friend and her boyfriend had decided to make homemade barbecue chicken pizza with a wheat crust.  It was amazing.  I will, from now on, only be making my homemade pizza with whole wheat crust.  
Long story short, the Packers beat the Vikings (of course!) and us girls ended up having a post-game dance party in our friend’s living room, complete with the Cupid Shuffle and of course throw back 90’s songs – it was a blast.

 Can’t wait until the next playoff game!
(This is practically the same photo but I couldn't resist adding the one with the photo bomb!)

No comments :

Post a Comment