Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NYE 2013

In the last few years, my friends and I have been switching off having NYE parties at each of our houses. We’ve become too old/too cheap/to annoyed with NYE bar scene and we would rather hang out in a place where we can chat without yelling and just kind of do our own thing. This year, the fiance’s bff Ryan and his gf Allison decided to host at Ryan’s place. We did a whole Mexican theme meal and everyone brought something, and of course, we dressed up a little bit.

Living in Wisconsin and us choosing to just do an at home NYE thing, I decided just a new awesome shirt and nice jeans would be sufficient. I went shopping the morning of NYE just because I was so busy and completely overlooked things. After a couple hours of shopping, I still couldn’t find anything I liked. At the last store I was at, my fail safe store, NY&Co., I realized that it wasn’t the shirts that weren’t working – it was me. I didn’t feel right. I just didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin. Something needed to change.

Now, I have been talking about run a half/full marathon for years. My NY resolution was to finally stop talking about it and do it. I ended up choosing a nice black shirt, which I love, and later, as I was making Spanish rice to take to the shindig, I was thinking about how much it would take to train for my first half. My life would have to change a little bit – no more Friday nights out, and certainly no more justifying desserts. I know I can do it, I just have to try.

HAPPY 2013!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment