Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's Not a Diet, It's a Lifestyle Change


REST DAY!


***I was not paid to write this post and all opinions stated are my own.

Today, I finally did it.  I ordered the products required for the Advocare 24 day challenge.  I am not overweight by any means but I do have those 10-15 residual pounds that don’t seem to go away no matter how hard I work out or what I give up.  I have been, for quite some time, looking for something that will allow me to eat healthy yet will allow me the “push” I need in the direction to knock of those 10 (maybe more) pounds once and for all.  My friend Elizabeth that I met on Twitter and ran Ragnar with is an Advocare distributor along with her husband Steve.  She told me about her journey and how much she loved Advocare and has never looked back. 

Elizabeth (right) and I after Ragnar
While at Ragnar she had me try the product O2Gold.  It was instant love.  The tightness that usually occurs in my legs for miles 2-4 of a run didn’t happen.  Experts refer to O2Gold as a “third lung”.  It truly is an amazing product.  

Myself, Jessie, and Elizabeth - photo courtesy EP, photo taken by RB
A couple weeks ago, I was able to meet up with Elizabeth, and another Ragnar friend of ours, Jessie, (fabulous photo above!) and she gave me some samples of Advocare products/flavors to try out before ordering.  I have yet to find one I really dislike.  I figured by trying Advocare’s 24 day challenge, I have nothing to lose and SO much to gain.  As Elizabeth and I discussed, it’s not a diet – it’s a lifestyle change.  I am incredibly excited to do the challenge and I will be posting on my blog, daily, about my journey.  I am a pretty healthy eater and I’m also a runner, but even I have my downfalls, i.e. my addiction to coffee/creamer, and my love for beer and cheese (hey, I live in Wisconsin). 

No comments :

Post a Comment