Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Two workouts in one post, and the things that are important

Tuesday workout aka Day 4 of the 100 day challenge

- 3.3 mile run on the dreadmill
- 3 X 10 shoulder presses
- 3 X 10 inner thigh machine
- 3 X 10 outer thigh machine
- 20 minutes stretching

Wednesday workout aka Day 5 of the 100 day challenge

- 40 minutes on the spin bike
- 4 X 5 ab roller
- 4 1 minute planks
- incline bench abs workout, posted on the gym wall which included hanging leg raises, bench leg raises, and chair crunches (even as I write this, I am leaning over because my abs are so sore!)
- 20 minutes stretching while talking to my bff on the phone, yes - very effective :)


Since I started this 100 day challenge, I knew that to prevent injury without rest days, I would have to spend extra time on stretching each day and to make time to do that.

I didn't post yesterday because I simply did not have time with everything that went on.  After work (before my workout), I spent about an hour talking with a co-worker, who is also a personal trainer on the weekends.  She helped me outline a good workout/training plan to prevent injury and increase mileage/lower time for the next few months since I have A LOT of races coming up.  My training plan looks like a lot of fun albeit a lot of work!  I'm determined to stick to it because hopefully it will help me reach all of my goals and complete all the races for 2014 without injury.

I really do have the greatest friends in the world.  They teach me what's important and what to walk away from.  They teach me that as long as I have them, I can do anything.  I had a bit of a rough night last night and one of my closest friends called me to chat and make sure I was okay.  One of my other closest friends called me tonight to make sure I am okay.  I don't know what I would do without these great friends.  Things will be okay, but sometimes life likes to remind you that it's there and it's not easy but while you're here you have to take the hits along with the touchdowns (football reference, yes :)).  That being said, today I am incredibly grateful for the amazing friends I have.

No comments :

Post a Comment