Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Reasons the Treadmill is not THAT bad


We all know how much I dislike running on the treadmill...I mean honestly, I call it the dreadmill and glare at it as I approach it.  However, because I reside in Wisconsin, utilizing the treadmill is a necessity at times.  Let's face it, running outside when it's minus 5 is not all that fun.

In my attempts to create a fabulous 2014, I've decided to put a positive spin on things I normally dislike for my Tuesday Top 10s.  This is going to be a challenge for me - being optimistic about things I normally can't stand.

Top 10 Reasons the Treadmill is NOT that bad

10.  Running on the treadmill is weather proof - you don't have to wait until the lightning stop, or until the roads are plowed, or until the sidewalks are salted.

9.  You can wear whatever you want and be comfortable

8.  Your water bottle is always right next to you

7.  When your MP3 player conks out halfway through your workout, you can just plug it in and keep going

6.  You don't have the embarrassing task of finding a bathroom RIGHT NOW.

5.  You can incorporate hills and valleys as you choose

4.  You can catch up on episodes of your favorite TV shows - on the days I absolutely have to run on the treadmill, I try to go at a time when I know when of my favorite shows is on - it makes the run go super speedy!

3.  There are no curbs/sidewalk cracks/rocks that jump up and trip you out of spite on the treadmill

2.  You can ladder your pace up and down to prevent boredom

1.  The treadmill is more forgiving than the pavement and reduces impact on your shins and knees.

Do you hate running on the treadmill?

How do you break up treadmill monotony?

No comments :

Post a Comment