Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ricolaaaaa and homemade taco salads

I didn't run today - GASP!  I know.  I'm trying to shake this cold that I got last Friday and since I've run the last couple days on the treadmill, I figured I'd rest today.  I went home from work about 1:30 today - I have a rough cough going on but these fabulous Ricola cough drops seem to be working wonders even though they definitely do not taste like andes mints (I love Andes mints).

The fiance and I made yummy homemade taco salads tonight.  They were SO good.  If you were here, we might have shared :)


If you want the recipe to this deliciousness, here it is!

Ingredients:
Chicken or beef
Penzey's taco seasoning, or any kind really...
Tomato
Zucchini
Cilantro
Jalapeno
Avocado
Purple onion
Lime
Spring mix lettuce
Shredded cheese
plain Greek yogurt (the perfect sour cream substitute)
Tortilla shells - we use corn or whole grain

Directions:
Brown chicken/beef and add seasoning with about a 1/2 cup of water.  While the meat is simmering, chop the tomato, zucchini, cilantro, jalapeno, and purple onion separately.  Set aside.  Hollow out avocado, discard the skin, saving the inside for topping.

Take a piece of aluminum foil and form into a loose ball and drape 1 tortilla over the ball on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil.  Repeat for as many tortillas as you need.  Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes.

Once the shells are complete, squeeze a little bit of the juice from the lime onto the inside of the shell.  Line the shell with lettuce and all the fixing.  Top with avocado, shredded cheese, and the Greek yogurt.  Yummy deliciousness!

No comments :

Post a Comment