Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Honeymoon runner

I think I may have told you that the fiance and I are going to Hawaii for two weeks for our honeymoon. We're spending the first week in Kauai, and the second week in Maui. His uncle is an airline pilot and because he and his wife are really awesome, they're giving us the use of their condos for our wedding gift. I feel so lucky :) The fiance and I are very excited about this.

Now, being the semi-runner that I am, one of my first thoughts was, I wonder if there are any races in Hawaii while I'm there. See, my goal is to run 50 races in 50 states before I turn 50. Seeing as how I have 21 years left to complete this goal and only three states down, I might as well get Hawaii out of the way ;)

So lucky for me - when we're on Maui, there is in fact a 10k race. Now, the fiance at first wasn't thrilled about watching me race while on our honeymoon, but then I pointed out that the race is at 6:00 a.m. and the start line is a mere half mile from the condo. He then pointed out that we could get breakfast and then just nap on the beach after the race.

So this past week, I signed up for the race. It was a super cheap entry fee and instead of the normal tech tshirt you get when you run in Wisco, you get a tech tanktop. I am unaturally excited about that. The race boasts that on the way out, you can see and hear the ocean and on the way back you're basically touring Lehaina. Thank you, fiance's aunt and uncle! I can't wait to run (and of course honeymoon) in Hawaii!



No comments :

Post a Comment