Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lambeau field and some awesome seats

On Friday, my friend texted me and said her coworker was giving her tickets for the Packer game and did I want to go.  Of course!  I never pass up the chance to sit at a football stadium and watch some meatheads beat up on each other.  No really, I love football, and going with a great friend just adds to my happiness.  I went and got us some temporary face tattoos and after a quick stop and Starbucks Sunday morning, we were on our way.  I quickly realized that Starbucks had put the milk and the flavor in my coffee but no espresso…and in a latte that is bad.  No caffeine.  I called Starbucks and they offered me a free one the next time I was in.  Starbucks fail.  Luckily the place we stopped for breakfast had fresh coffee at the ready. 

We had some good conversation and while we were driving we saw this…only in Wisconsin
 (photo courtesy of Katie)

We made good time and got to Lambeau before kick-off.  We parked and once we were in our awesome seats, settled in for some good football.  Aaron Rodgers, our quarterback, was injured after last week’s game and so wasn’t playing today.  Our back up qb got injured in the first play of the game.  Sigh…enter the practice squad qb.  It was a rough game.  I won’t go into too much detail but we lost. 


Something really cool happened at half time though.  In honor of Veteran’s Day tomorrow, the half time show was Veteran parachuters who landed right on the field.  It was really neat to see that.  For some reason, all things patriotic make me super emotional. 

We drove back after our defeat in wall to wall traffic.  It took us about 2.5 hours to get there, which included our breakfast stop and a gas stop, and it took us almost 3 hours to get home, with no stops.  All in all, it was fun day even though the loss was heartbreaking. 

What did you do today?
Do you love football? 

No comments :

Post a Comment