Friday, October 25, 2013

Pre-race weekend half day

I took a half day today.  I wanted to get some rest in before my race weekend.  I went to the Halloween store and picked up my costume for Saturday’s race, and then picked up my new GPS running watch.  I ended up getting the New Balance one because for the price, it was worth it.  I really want to get a Forerunner, but for now, I’m going to stick with this one.  I made sure to charge up both my mp3 player, and my watch. 
I was really hungry and didn’t want to eat too late so I ended up eating dinner around 4pm.  I had a mix of brown rice, black beans, chicken, corn, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.  So delicious – it was basically a burrito without the tortilla.  After “dinner”, I rested with my water bottle and my fuzzy blanket with some tv that I had DVR’d.  I finished up the night with one of these awesome popsicles.

and Monsters, Inc.  Don’t judge me – I still love my Disney kid movies.  The race tomorrow doesn’t start until 9:00 a.m. so I will be able to sleep in a little bit.  Either way, bed early tonight!


Do you have a race this weekend?
Do you have any pre race traditions?

No comments :

Post a Comment