Thursday, October 24, 2013

A long day and awesome runner's friend's awesome cooking

Today was a long day.  It was one of those days where I felt as though I was putting out fires (hypothetical not actual) from the time I walked in to work until the time I left.  Add to that the fact that I found out Donald Driver, aka my favorite football player ever besides Ron Dayne, was signing his new book at a local bookstore but the tickets were sold out.  Ugh. 
My day got a little better when I remembered that I was going to pick up race packets after work for Saturday’s 15k along the Lake.  I’m a little nervous, I haven’t put in a lot of mileage this week.  My awesome runner friend also had me and our other friend over for wine and dinner.  She made awesome tostadas with chicken, white cheddar, avocados, cilantro and lettuce.  SO good.  I had to laugh when she asked if we wanted sour cream – I hesitated for a second and then she said, well it’s not sour cream, it’s actually greek yogurt.  I laughed because I have been using greek yogurt in place of sour cream for everything over the past year or so.  My bff told me about that last fall and it is an amazingly healthier alternative.  We had awesome conversation about upcoming weddings, google drive, bachelorette party ideas, etc.  Of course, we ended the evening with a dance party and plans for an upcoming sleepover so we can drink wine and they can teach yours truly how to do the Cupid Shuffle and the Cha Cha Slide for my upcoming wedding.  It’s great to have fabulous friends – especially ones that know trendy dance moves  =)

No comments :

Post a Comment