Monday, October 7, 2013

Feelin' icky and my fabulous support system

I really do have a great support system.  Last week I was sick with bronchitis and a really awful cold, and my parents sent me this super funny awesome card and my fiance’s mom sent me chicken noodle soup.  





Did you know that it’s a proven fact that chicken soup helps in curing illness?  This article here http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117888&page=1 says so. 


I’m so lucky to have these people in my life.  I felt really awful for a bit there but these kind gestures really boosted me up, especially since I had to take a few days off from running which I HATE doing.  When you’re sick, a little rest can do wonders.  Even if you don’t want to or don’t “have time” to, take a break, and ignore the world for a day or so.  You will feel MUCH better and recover MUCH faster.  I feel a little better this week and I'm happy to get back to my running schedule!

No comments :

Post a Comment