Sunday, August 18, 2013

Steak and Corn on the Cob

I love steak on the Weber grill, and I love corn on the cob. Combine those two things with some onions and mushrooms sautéed in extra virgin olive oil and I have a meal sent from heaven.

I have to say, the fiancé makes the best steaks I have ever had in my life. I love to bake (which is part of the reason I run) and he is a fabulous chef. I’m not kidding – if he’s in the kitchen and I hear pots and pans, my stomach’s immediate response is to growl impatiently to see what’s going to happen. When we used to eat hamburger helper once in a while, he even somehow made that taste good – and hamburger helper is foul.

Anyways, back to my steak-making fiancé – he usually uses Montreal steak seasoning, garlic, and fresh pepper and cooks them to perfection on the grill. In the late spring and summer especially, we usually eat steak at least once every ten days. YUM. I could pretty much give up any other food (besides sushi and chocolate) to continue eating steak and corn on the cob for the rest of my life.

I will never give up my steak and corn on the cob - a vegetarian I am not.


No comments :

Post a Comment