Thursday, July 25, 2013

Germanfest Capuchin 5k Race and memories

I decided, on a whim, to run a 5k race two days before my Big Ten 10k because I realized that it was my guardian angel's first birthday since his passing, and I wanted to do something to commemorate it.  The Capuchin Race for the Hungry seemed like a great idea, and the timing was impeccable.



Now, a 5k race is nothing when you’re used to running the mileage I am. But a race setting? Not so much. Bad idea, but a fun idea. The Capuchin 5k race for the Hungry is a Germanfest race in Milwaukee with a cheap entry fee, a free t-shirt, free admission for myself and the fiance into Germanfest, and a voucher for free beers. We rushed to the race after work, I ran a nice little route along the bay, and once finished, we had a couple beers and some schnitzel for dinner. Fun run!
Post-race schnitzel and red cabbage!


Post-race free beer!

No comments :

Post a Comment