Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday fit and fun finds :)


As I've been going about the first couple weeks of the new year, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to happen on the blog in 2016.  First, I'd really like to blog more.  In the past, I've only blogged when I've been inspired to do so.  I'm really good with structure and deadlines so I figured if I give myself two topics per week to blog on, I will at least begin to accomplish my goal of blogging more.

That doesn't mean just slapping up some no nonsense post with a photo of a salad and my new rug for lack of anything else to post... it just means posting things that I normally am doing anyway.  For 2016, that means a) 1 read 5 books per month, or 60 books this year, and b) every Friday, post any fabulous fun and/or fitness finds from the week!  The first will be explained in tomorrow's post, and the latter is something I decided on while I was using a Christmas present this week...

1.  S'Well bottles.   These are THE BEST.  My water stays cold and my coffee stays hot for HOURS.  I put a bottle next to my bed at night and I wake up in the middle of the night and my water is still ice cold.  I got ours here, but you can buy them at your local Starbucks - I just bought them online so we could get the colors we wanted.

2.  My Garmin vivoactive watch.  This watch tracks everything I want and more.  Steps, calories, pace, distance, sleep, etc.  I bought the white one because I am more likely to wear it all the time, which I do.  Between runs and wearing it all the time, I did not have to charge this for almost three weeks.  Battery life.  Amazing.  Good thing since I'll be training for a marathon this year. :)

3.  The 2016 daily SomeEcards calendar.  This calendar cracks me up on a daily basis and I can't wait to get into the office each day to see what that day's page is. ~$7.49 on Amazon prime.

4.  Sambucol.  I had a really rough cold last week and Sambucol was recommended to me by a coworker.  While the taste isn't the greatest, they simply dissolve on your tongue and is also considered a homeopathic remedy.  I've never been good with any sort of medication as I don't like the "out-of-it" feeling it gives me.  Sambucol boosts your immune system and allows you to feel better while your body recovers.  I got mine for $12.99 at Walgreen's.

5.  This milk frother.  My mother-in-law got me one for Christmas and I am obsessed.  Since I received it, I have only bought coffee once.  For someone who loves plain lattes and frequented coffee shops on the way to work, this is huge.  I brew a regular k-cup, and throw some milk in the frother, pour it on top of my coffee, toss some Penzey's cinnamon sugar over the foam, and go.  I've learned that stronger k-cups taste best, and whole milk foams better than skim.  I know you can probably get a cheaper one on Amazon but I can really attest to the quality of this one.  Given how much I used to spend at Starbucks, Collectivo, and the like, this has already been worth the money.

I hope everyone is having a great 2016 so far!

No comments :

Post a Comment