Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thursday thoughts and 7 current favorites!

Hi all!  Happy Thursday!  I have been having random thoughts lately about things that have been making me happy so I thought I'd share.  Also, I'd like to give a special shout out to my IRun4 buddy  - Hi Hunter, I hope you're loving all your new Batman stuff :)

Let's see ...

1.  I finally went and saw Unbroken with my Ragnar friend Elizabeth last weekend, and it was AHHH-MAZING.  Heartbreaking and soul-searching but AHHH-MAZING.  Read the book before you go see it - I read the book back in 2012 and am so glad I did.  Louis Zamperini is SUCH an inspiration.

2.  My beloved GB Packers play on Sunday, their first game of the playoffs, against the Dallas Cowboys.  I have good feelings but I don't want to jinx it.  I'm heading out with a few friends to watch the game on Sunday and am pretty excited about it.  Go Pack Go!!!  Oh, and Donald Driver (former Packer) is, and will always be, a rockstar in my book!!!


3.  Google Play Music.  This is my current favorite subscription.  It allows me to create any kind of playlist I want, has any song I've ever searched for and has great radio recommendations, such as "Entering Beast Mode," "For Cleaning," "Pump Up Music," etc.  I've been told it's very similar to iTunes but for Android.  I'm an Android fan...you won't see me using Apple Products. :)

4. The new 50 Shades of Grey nail polish line that OPI just released.  It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE OPI colors and frequently change my nail color to accommodate their extensive line, but this new line takes the cake.  I'm currently sporting this color, Embrace the Grey with a Shine for Me accent nail.  This color is especially great because it goes with so many of my clothing choices.

5.  Homeland.  The husband and I started watching Season 1 of Homeland on recommendation on Sunday and we are hooked.  We have watched a couple episodes each night this week.  It's been super easy to stay in with this cold snap we're having in Wisconsin right now.  Let's put it this way, I was excited this morning when I started my car because it was the first day all week the temperature gauge showed ABOVE zero (2 deg.).  Whew!  It's chilly.  Tangent!  If you haven't seen Homeland, check it out.  I'm happy there are a couple more seasons because we are super into this show.

6.  The mail I received earlier this week.  I came home from work on Wednesday and had two awesome pieces of mail waiting for me... a thank you card from my niece with her artwork on it (pretty good for a 20 month old, hey?)...I was also happy to find that my new Minnetonka slippers finally came!  I got them here and while they were a bit more than I normally like to spend on slippers, I can already tell they were worth every penny and they are perfect to also wear for quick runs to the grocery store and casual nights at friends' houses.


7.  The "Running the Edge" Challenge hosted by Adam Goucher and Tim Catalano, two guys who are big in the running world.  What you do is sign up to 2,015 miles in 2015 either alone, with a teammate, or a group.  Daily Mile notified me earlier this month that I ran 596 miles in 2014, which is awesome considering I wasn't able to run through most of September, October, November and December because of my torn ACL and ensuing surgery.  I have been pool running lately so let's get started with this challenge!

Are you doing any challenges this year?  What are your goals?

No comments :

Post a Comment