Thursday, April 17, 2014

My baby (blog) is 16 months old :)


When I started setting up this blog in 2012 and actually went live with it in January 2013 (crazy that it’s been almost 16 months!), it was just a little training thing for me.  It has, for me, become so much more.  I know a lot of people don’t read it, and most likely never will, but for me, it has become a place where I can take a step back and really see where I am and how far I’ve come.  I have written posts where I go back and reread them before publishing, and I realize that just putting it in writing made me feel so much better about it,…and maybe we’ll just hold off on that less-than-positive post for now.  Plus, I absolutely love writing – putting thoughts and feelings into words on paper is so much easier for me than actually doing it in person. 
Top Ten Thursday...things I've learned in the 16 months with my baby blog

10.  Blogging is hard...I mean, really hard sometimes.

9.  The chromebook I got for Christmas from the fiance has made blogging a LOT easier.

8.  That taking pictures of everything all the time is a good idea because you never know when you'll need that photo

7.  Even if you think you've posted something, a blog post might be sitting in drafts for several days before you realize it hasn't actually posted ... #notsotechsavvy

6.  Some people actually do find your blog to be interesting/funny/helpful



5.  Blogging, if you let it, will be a huge outlet

4.  During a long treadmill run, planning your next blog post might be the only thing that keeps you entertained in those miles



3.  It makes me feel incredibly proud and accomplished some days

2.  Getting your blog out there is a lot of work...but when someone reaches out and wants to feature you in their newsletter it makes you feel really, really proud of yourself

1.  I really, really love blogging - it incorporates two of the things I love best, staying healthy and writing.



Have a good weekend!

1 comment :

  1. Congrats on your 16 month blog birthday :) I can definitely relate to the planning blog posts while running - it makes the miles go by so much faster!

    ReplyDelete