Saturday, November 16, 2013

An evacuation plan and football with my dad

I went to the Badger game today with my dad.  It was tons of fun.  I try to get tickets at least once a year for us to go to a game together.
 We had planned to meet at around 8:30 so we could get breakfast beforehand but when I woke up I had the worst back spasm and had to lay on the floor for about 45 minutes trying not to pass out from the pain.  I ended up leaving almost an hour after I had planned.  I got to Madison and my dad was waiting in line at Mickie’s Dairy Bar (which is a breakfast pre-game tradition) for most Badger fans.  

Once we finally got in, we ordered breakfast.  I had French toast and bacon with coffee, which is my favorite breakfast ever.  After we finished breakfast we headed across the street to the game…and then the rain started.  

My dad had brought a poncho because he is always prepared but since I never am, he gave me his poncho and he got soaked.  He’s such a great dad.  The game was great, the Badgers slaughtered Indiana and around the third quarter, the announcer came on and explained the evacuation of the stadium plan to everyone since there was bad weather in the area.  Well, my dad and I are die-hards, so we stayed for the whole game.  

We went back to my car and I drove him to where his car was parked.  We decided to get a late lunch before we went our opposite ways.  I ordered a grilled cheese and French fries, with hot tea, which was perfect after a rainy outside game.  We talked about my upcoming wedding, family, work, etc. 
 Before I went home, I stopped at my fiance’s mom’s house and we chatted for a bit.  She’s great – I really love talking with her.  Of course, after I left her house I had to stop at the outlet mall which is on the way home so it would be a crime NOT to stop!  I picked up a couple Christmas presents at Baby Gap and Under Armour. 
I bought a super cute onesie for my awesome friend who recently found out that she’s pregnant.  I couldn’t pass it up – it was way too cute and since her and her husband aren’t finding out the gender, I have to buy gender neutral things…and this was way too cute in the gender neutral category to NOT buy.  That’s fine – the kid will look adorbs in it.  
I’m home now and since the fiancé and I are super tired, we’re thinking about going to bed early.  Yup, at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night.  We really are old people nowadays :) 
What did you do tonight?

Have you ever stayed outside to watch a game in crazy weather?

No comments :

Post a Comment