Saturday, October 12, 2013

Running store day and beef jerky PR's

Yesterday, I went to the running store.  I get very excited about doing this and was barely able to sit still all day at work because I was so excited for my adventure.  You know you're a freak when...your exciting Friday activity consists of going to the running store.  So yeah, I went in really early to work so I could leave early for once on a Friday.  I got to the running store and immediately felt happy.  The same person who fitted me for shoes the last two times helped me again this time.  She's really awesome - I wonder if she'd think it was weird if I wanted her to take a pic with me for you guys to see too.

Anyways, I ended up going with the Brooks' Glycerin 11's.  I am very happy with my decision but unfortunately they didn't have my size in the color I wanted at that particular location - so they're shipping them to me for FREE (I like it when things are free) and they should be here by Monday.  I have yoga on Monday but I might sneak in a quick run just so my new shoes don't feel neglected.  After my fabulous shoe experience, I wandered around the running store for a little longer.  I restocked my fuel drawer...and no I did not get the beef jerky at the running store but the last two times I P.R.'d, I had beef jerky before my race.  Coincidence, I think not!

I also got this headband that I saw on the Brooks' website a few days ago and I thought it would be PERFECT for winter.  It's really soft and a little part of me (a very tiny, miniscule part) can't wait for it to be cold so I can try it out...

I found this mini tube of Body Glide and got a couple of them because I figured that it'd be awesome just to keep inside my gear bag for right before races.  It was super cheap too.

 After going to the running store, I was so elated that I had to go buy something for my niece (I love spoiling her) and ended up finding a pair of baby yoga pants.  I LIVE in my yoga pants and so of course just had to buy them for her.  I ended up getting a few early Christmas presents too but I can't tell you what they are yet just in case her 5 month old self goes all Einstein on me and somehow reads this...

I love going to the running store and I can't wait until I get to go again - I also almost can't wait for Monday so I'll have my new shoes!

One last pic - I got this shirt on the clearance rack at the running store.  I already have it in pink but because it was on sale I got this one too.  Ignore my awful hair - I didn't have the energy to blow dry and straighten it after my run.  At least I washed it...
















No comments :

Post a Comment