Sunday, April 28, 2013

At home dates and an 8 mile run

Yesterday, the fiancé and I decided to just spend an entire day together getting some errands done and then relaxing with an early dinner and a fire.  You’ll notice that my friends/fiancé/me have a lot of fires.  It’s so much fun and it gives you something else to do besides sit around and stare at each other while you’re chatting. 
The fiancé and I woke up semi-early, and got ready for the day.  We ended up going to our favorite butcher shop and got some rib-eye steaks and twice baked potatoes.  They also had, on an end cap, one of my favorite white wines that I am rarely able to find.  I was super excited and stocked up.  At least now I know where to get it when I need want it.  We got home and it was such a beautiful day, we decided to get the puppy and go for a walk on the beach.  It was so nice out.  We got home and fired up the grill.  We had an awesome dinner of rib-eyes (the fiancé makes THE BEST steaks in the world), twice baked potatoes, and grilled veggies.  We cracked open some of my delicious white wine and had some while we sat around the campfire.  It was a really nice day, with no real plans, just time together.  It was great to do that, especially with summer coming our weekends are usually booked solid. 

Today I did an 8 mile run in 4 mile loops around the house, with a clementine orange and some water for fuel around mile 4.5.  The run went really well, and as it is my longest run to date, I’m super proud of myself if a bit sore as I write this.  I know tomorrow will be a little rough, muscle-ache wise, but well worth it.  Half marathon #1 is 1 month away!

No comments :

Post a Comment