Monday, December 28, 2015

RUNNING from Wisconsin to Florida

Let's just chat for a second about how I keep moving forward.  When I think my life is hard, I remind myself of my buddy - the little guy I run 4.  How if he can, I can.  

Anyone who knows me knows that I've been a Disney freak since the beginning of forever.  One of my biggest dreams is to run the Disney marathon in January.  I'm a firm believer in rewarding yourself when you reach goals and milestones, no matter how small.  
I went to for a run on Christmas and came up with the brilliant, semi-crazy idea of "running to" my buddy, who as fate might have it, lives near one of my favorite places on earth, in Orlando, Florida... just a short distance from Disney World.  My address and my buddy's are 1,259 miles apart.  My goal, or resolution if you will, is to run those miles in 2016.  I know injuries and setbacks can happen, however, those would be instances in which I would count pool running or elliptical miles as part of this.  

I am pretty confident that I can complete get there - if I am at my halfway point by mid 2016, then I will book my runDisney trip.  Goals and rewards - we can't accomplish either without dedication and motivation.

Thank goodness for my Garmin Vivoactive which will allow me to track exactly where I am on the map throughout this journey.  Running Disney would be amazing - this race goes through all four parks and the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex.  Meeting my buddy would be epic.




No comments :

Post a Comment